Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Camino 2014: Day 1.6 Venice, Italy (Mimi)

Camino 2014: Day 1.6 Venice, Italy (Mimi)

This morning started off encouraging! I woke up at 8:00am and realized no one had budged, wait, Sahra was reading but March was still sleeping.   I made the assumption that I could sleep more so... I went back to sleep.  Near 9:15am I woke up and was wide awake so... I got up. Funny how that works.

At this time, Emily and Lanie were still sleeping in the loft above, and I was cold because we had turned on the air conditioning the night before.  It continued to freeze our room all night long and I was fortunate to sleep right under it.  As they were waking up, I got my banana's cut into small slices so I could have it as a nice topping for our Rice Krispies cereal.  The other two got up shortly after and we ate breakfast and packed up because today we are heading to our next destination, Deutschland (Germany)!

Pietro, our host guy, came to check up on the house and thought we'd already be out and about, however, because we weren't, he offered for us to join him in getting espresso. he bought our drinks. That made me like him even more. Cool Italian accent, bomb huge muscles, and a gentleman! This was a cool dude!

We went out and experienced an Italian market, fruit stands, fresh fish, and butcher shops with fresh meats.  It was cool.  As we made our way to a park, we stopped and browsed a little more before we relaxed under the shade.  I made myself at rest under a tree, managing to find a comfortable position on it's roots.  

Around 14:00 (2:00pm) we decided to stop by Nico's to allow March and Sahra to experience their ice cream also (they got semi-lost and missed out on the ice cream yesterday).

Afterwards we spent some time getting back to the apartment to get our bags, find food and wait for the train.  Not much special occurred in that time.  I will most certainly miss Rome, but I will definitely miss Venice.  I know we must go home, but Venice is absolutely beautiful.  The canals, cute couples, adorable dresses and altogether Italian culture will come home with me.  The Murano Glass is something to look into when you travel, save a little cash, because it is not something to miss out on (not that you can, the colorful glass is everywhere)!!

Germany is next.  I do not have any expectations really except that it will be comfortable to sleep in.  Right now I am sitting in a train car that has no air conditioning at 22:00 (10:00pm). Italy is hot, this train car is hot, perhaps Germany will not be hot, nor cold.  That is my one expectation. But about Germany, I know it plays a huge part in the World Wars... so I do expect to see some historical places, or things.  Oh, I have two expectations. I think besides that, I will wander there with an open heart, and an open mind.  Let us see what Germany holds.

To Italy, Ciao!
To Germany, Hello!

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment